Post by Mighty Jack on Apr 12, 2021 6:28:27 GMT -5
I've learned over the years that it takes a while to discover the personality of a show, I have to live with it a while before it becomes a fully formed entity. Snap judgments on first viewing can shift years later. For example, Killer Shrews has never been funnier than the first time I saw it - on the other hand, The Magic Voyage of Sinbad was merely okay before it blossomed into one of my Top 10 favorites. I find I can rewatch Jack Frost over and again and it never fails to make me laugh, but I have to space out re-viewings of Attack of the Eye Creatures, as overwatching murdered the humor.
With this in mind, I knew I'd have to give season 11 time, that it might take years before I had a good grasp of it. And so here we are, years later, and I thought now might be the right moment to re-visit the show and collect my thoughts. Now, I don't have it in me to do the work I did on the classic era of MST3K, where I took constant notes on every minuscule detail of the show - which can be tiring and frankly, sucks the fun out of the series. I started my website back in 1997(?) because I was bursting with excitement about the show, and I wanted to get all my thoughts down on a paper (so to speak), but once it became work, something to over-analyze, it stopped being entertaining for me. So, I'm not going to do that with season 11. What I record here will be observations off the top of my head, after finishing an episode, without any note-taking. It won't be as in-depth as what I did before, but it will be more relaxing from my end of it. (Besides that, sites like mst3kfandom.com covers all that, Mighty Jack's MST3K Review has become obsolete... though if I finish with this season I might transfer it to the old, dusty site)
I'm no expert, I'm not the lawgiver, and no one should care if I like or dislike an episode, these are just my thoughts, a bit of entertainment (hopefully) about an entertaining show. And a chance to share, and I hope anyone reading this will share. Favorite riffs, trivia, information, etc.
* Page 1 and much of page 2 were devoted to seasons 11 and 12. But here's what else is on each page...
* Page 2: Hobgoblin's Livestream and discussion
* Page 3: Cave Dwellers vs Ator * More Livestream & Gamera talk * Talking about Mrs. Swenson, The Packers and Bridget and Mary Jo
* Page 4: Links to the Mads Livestreams, and talking MST Spys * Season 3 Bikers * New Glenn Grades, etc * The British Invasion * The final part of the page was focused on Nostalgia, My Top 25 comparisons, and more Spy Rankings
* Page 5 and 6 is where we started talking about collecting Beatles Riffs, at the bottom of page 6 is a link to a Jack Frost actors article
* Page 7 we talk and reminisce about Uncut MST3K movies
* Page 8 more nostalgia as I establish MJ origins. The Angry Glenn's * Yipe Stripes and Hamlet